I'm trying to get a var to my consumers.py to send data to the client in real time as a function does API calls and returns that to the browser.
I know channels needs Redis to function, but why? Why can we not just pass a list as it's built to the consumers class or any variable for that matter? From another answer: to store the necessary information required for different instances of consumers to communicate with one another. But what if I only will use one websocket connection, and only one user is allowed to be logged in at a time? This will be locally hosted only and the function is outside of consumers.py that returns the data so subscribing to groups may be where I need these.
Am I missing something or is redis / memurai a must here? I just can't help but to feel there's an easier way.