- I have a plugin and this plugin uses Vuex
// plugin.js
import Vuex from "vuex";
import store from "./store.js";
export default {
install(Vue, options) {
const storeInstance = new Vuex.Store(store);
Vue.prototype.$store = storeInstance;
}
};
- And in that plugin I import a store object.
// store.js
export default {
actions: {
SOME_RANDOM_ACTION({ state, commit }) {
console.log("some random action");
}
}
};
Dispatching actions and using state is fine and works as expected.
But when I add this plugin to another Vue instance that uses vuex, store object re-initializes with new state.
// index.js
import Vue from "vue";
import Vuex from "vuex";
import App from "./App.vue";
import plugin from "./plugin.js";
Vue.use(Vuex);
Vue.use(plugin);
new Vue({
// WARN when i uncomment this next line of code Vuex gets re-initialized with new object
// store: new Vuex.Store({ state: { hello: "hix" } }),
components: {
App
}
}).$mount("#app");
When you uncomment store initialization, store that was defined in the plugin is now not available.
Currently, I have these solutions in mind:
- Export my plugin store object to index.js main app, and use this store as a module.
- Use some other state management.
Is there a way to use Vuex inside my plugin?
https://codesandbox.io/s/vibrant-sanne-67yej?file=/src/main.js:0-371