I have Expo Push Notifications working in the Expo Go app as well as iOS builds. However, it does not work on Android and I get this message when running getExpoPushTokenAsync():
Error: Encountered an exception while calling native method: Exception occurred while executing exported method getDevicePushTokenAsync on module ExpoPushTokenManager: Please set your project ID. A valid Firebase project ID is required to communicate with Firebase server APIs: It identifies your project with Google.
I have followed all the steps listed in the documentation: my google-services.json is referenced in app.json and I double checked all the information there, including the project ID.
I tried to get the native device token via getDevicePushTokenAsync() and it worked, however even if I want to use the firebase notifications without Expo I get the same error further down when trying to set a firebase notification listener.
The problem may be linked with the fact that a firebase app is already running with the JS SDK (for realtimeDB and stoage) using other configs when I call getExpoPushTokenAsync(), I could maybe initialize a secondary Firebase App with the google-services.json config (which works, I tried it) but I do not see any way to force Expo Notifications to use this app.
Any idea of what is going on? Thanks!