I'm having trouble wrangling go routines and getting them to communicate back to a channel on the main go routine. To simplify, my code looks something like this:
func main() {
channel := make(chan string)
var wg sync.WaitGroup
for i := 0; i < 10; i++ {
wg.Add(1)
go performTest(channel, &wg, i)
}
wg.Wait()
close(channel)
for line := range channel {
fmt.Print(line)
}
}
func performTest(channel chan string, wg *sync.WaitGroup, i int) {
defer wg.Done()
// perform some work here
result := fmt.sprintf("Pretend result %d", i)
channel <- result
}
This seems to enter into some kind of a deadlock, but I don't understand why. It gets stuck on wg.Wait(), even though I would expect it to continue once all the goroutines have called Done on the wait group. What am I missing here? I'd like to wait for the goroutines, and then iterate over all results in the channel.