I'm trying to reduce over a union of array-types: foo[] | bar[].
With map it works as expected and I get an element of foo|bar in the lamda, but it does not work with reduce.
I get the error, that 'the expression is not callable, because the signatures are not compatible'.
Maybe this is related, but that was in TS 3.6 days, and I'm using 4.5. Is there a (neat) way around this?
I have a Typescript Playground here
const m = [] as Array<number | string>;
m.reduce((it) => it); // ok
m.map((it) => it); // ok
const m2 = [] as Array<number> | Array<string>;
m2.reduce((it) => it);
m2.reduce((it) => it as any); // not even with 'any'-lambda
// This expression is not callable.
// Each member of the union type '<OMITTED> ...' has signatures, but none of those signatures are compatible with each other.
m2.map((it) => it); // why does `map` work then ?
// same with tuples
const m3 = [1, 1] as [number, number] | [string];
m3.map((it) => it);
m3.reduce((it) => it); // same error