I have two samples from the population of neurons in the brain, each sample consisting of a thousand neuron instances, of categories:
- cerebellum
- cortex
Now I'm extracting multiple metrics for each sample using complex network analysis, for example, neuron degree of connectivity k, a discreet number n = 0, 1, ...., n, or clustering coefficient C, a continous value between 0.00000 and 1.00000.
df.sample(3) (where web is category) in my pandas dataframes:
cortex:
web k clustering_coeff
3080 cortex 6.0 0.733333
2951 cortex 11.0 0.428571
1435 cortex 5.0 0.563571
...
cerebellum
815 cerebellum 10.0 0.533333
850 cerebellum 9.0 0.416667
1213 cerebellum 7.0 0.454545
...
How can I use scipy stats methods to I compare both metrics in order to know if theres a statistically significant difference between the two gropus?
Assuming a distribution close to Gaussian, but skewed to the right, I'm not sure what is the best approach. Parametric, Non-Parametric, T-test and so on.
Any ideas?