I'm working in an Angular v10 project. I cannot update the angular version of this project, as it's used as a dependency to other apps (and therefore needs to maintain the stable version).
I need to add Storybook to this application. I followed the instructions here: https://storybook.js.org/docs/angular/get-started/install, but I'm getting compiling issues when I try to run npm run storybook. npx sb init seems to install storybook at v6.4.
As a test, I tried creating a quick angular project (ng new) at version 12, and then using npx sb init to add storybook. That command also installs storybook at version 6.4 in Angular v12 apps. I get no issues when running npm run storybook in the Angular v12 app.
This makes me think that storybook v6.4 isn't compatible with Angular v10. I've tried storybook doesn't seem to list which versions of Angular are compatible with which versions of storybook.
What version of storybook should I be using? Is there a better way to add storybook to Angular v10 project than using npx sb init?
You can replicate this by creating a v10 Angular project (set the local @angular/cli to v10, then use ng new). And then add story book with npx sb init. You'll get the below errors.
