Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)- unresolved external symbol

Viewed 274

Please tell me, I'm trying to figure out CEF in the simplest example.

I downloaded precompiled CEF binaries for windows:https://cef-builds.spotifycdn.com/index.html

There was an example inside - I launched and built it, compiled an exe file, it starts and works.

1.Now I have created a new project in VS2019 - connected to it the cef_sandbox.lib file and the header files that were in the example.

2.Compiled an empty main() - everything was compiled.

3.Now I'm adding just one CEF function from the example:

#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>

#include "include/cef_command_line.h"
#include "include/cef_sandbox_win.h"
#include "tests/cefsimple/simple_app.h"

#pragma comment(lib,cef_sandbox.lib")

int main()
{
    CefEnableHighDPISupport();
}

But an error occurs:

Error LNK2019 reference to an unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl Cef Enable High DPI Support(void)" (?CefEnableHighDPISupport@@YAXXZ) in the function main. CEF_my_example C:\Users\Staxcel\source\repos\VS2019\Pak\CEF\CEF_my_example.obj 1

I can't figure out where and what I forgot to specify or include?

Why does this error occur in this case ?

1 Answers

The function that you want to use is defined in the libcef.lib, so you need to include that one too. Also you will need the libcef_dll_wrapper. Both are used by the cef-examples too.

Try to add them, and see if it loads then

#pragma comment(lib,"libcef.lib")
#pragma comment(lib,"libcef_dll_wrapper.lib")
Related