iOS 15.2.1 Safari - PWA - An internal error was encountered in the Indexed Database server

Viewed 272

Every day my iOS users get this error in Safari (IOS 15.2.1). It's a standalone PWA builded with Angular 13, using localForage for writing to Safari IndexedDB

Uncaught (in promise): UnknownError: An internal error was encountered in the Indexed Database server

Subsequent:

Uncaught (in promise): UnknownError: Connection to Indexed Database server lost. Refresh the page to try again

Has to reload the page everytime to get it back :(

I cannot find any pattern in it, can even reproduce it my self, it just happens all of a sudden... I cannot use localstorage instead because is limited to 5MB per app per browser.

Does anyone know this error? Maybe have a workaround for it?

I really hope it gets fixed in iOS 15.3 along with known security hole in IndexedDB...

0 Answers
Related