Hi I have been assigned a task to send an event to eventbridge, I want to send the event pattern with customized values, I want to get these values out of Lambda, any help could be appreciated.
Hi I have been assigned a task to send an event to eventbridge, I want to send the event pattern with customized values, I want to get these values out of Lambda, any help could be appreciated.
You can go to Amazon EventBridge -> rule and create one.In Define pattern you can choose Event pattern as it is what you want. Here you can select Pre-defined pattern by service and select the service(in your case probably a lambda) or you can choose Custom pattern where you can give your own pattern(in JSON).
Now you can invoke a target in Select targets, maybe an sns. Here you can get the values out of lambda by choosing Input transformer e.g ({"Name":"$.detail.InstanceID"}).
You can read further about this here.
I have deployed a generic webhook which points to my custom eventbridge bus. On deployment of generic webhook, I get an API gateway endpoint to which i can send POST requests.