Where does `QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified` come from?

Viewed 757

I'm taking a look in a Qt project codebase, it's big enought I can't find from where the following is comming from.

QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

So far I tried two approaches:

  1. I tried to put a breakpoint near every QFile::open() but that didn't led me any closer do find the issue. I step over all breakpoints with a clean output and then somewhere after I get a couple of:
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
  1. Used a macro to replace an instance of QFile by MyFile (did it before anything else in main.cpp):
    class MyFile : public QFile
    {
        int i = 0;
    
    public:
        MyFile(const QString &name, QObject *parent)
        {
            qDebug() << "a";
        }
    
        MyFile(QObject *parent)
        {
            qDebug() << "b";
        }
    
        MyFile()
        {
            qDebug() << "b";
        }
    
        MyFile(const QString& filename)
        {
            qDebug() << "d" << filename.size() << filename;
        }
    
        bool open(QIODevice::OpenMode flags)
        {
            qDebug() << i++ << flags;
    
            return true;
        }
    
    };
    
    #define QFile MyFile

With this I was expecting to break code logic as a side effect, but a least stop the:

QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

However I still get them.

Can I conclude the QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified are not comming from my project but from a 3rd party library loaded by my project?

Any suggestiongs on another approches I should try?

0 Answers
Related