I'm new to Amplify and trying to create a Python Lambda, but having difficulties with dependencies when running locally. I've created the function through Amplify CLI and when I run it with either amplify function invoke myFunc or the newer recommendation amplify mock function myFunc I get no errors and the boilerplate response displays just fine.
I've tried to do a pipenv install requests both within and outside of the virtual shell and I see that the Pipfile and Pipfile.lock have been updated, and I get the "installing dependencies" progress, but if I add an import requests to the index.py I end up with a:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
I have also tried to force a build with amplify function build and still no luck.
If I do an amplify push, however, and run it live on AWS, it works just fine. What am I missing on the local side?