I am trying to create a Yesod project and cannot get off the 1st step.
Below are the steps I took to initialize and build:
$ stack new someproj yesodweb/postgres
$ cd someproj
$ stack build
I have done no extra coding, just using the boilerplate, and I get the compilation error below when building.
language-javascript > configure
language-javascript > Configuring language-javascript-0.7.1.0...
language-javascript > build
language-javascript > Preprocessing library for language-javascript-0.7.1.0..
language-javascript > happy: src/Language/JavaScript/Parser/Grammar7.y:
hGetContents: invalid argument (invalid byte sequence)
.
.
.
-- While building package language-javascript-0.7.1.0
(scroll up to its section to see the error) using:
/root/.stack/setup-exe-cache/x86_64-linux-tinfo6/Cabal-simple_mPHDZzAJ_3.0.1.0_ghc-8.8.4
--builddir=.stack-work/dist/x86_64-linux-tinfo6/Cabal-3.0.1.0 build
--ghc-options " -fdiagnostics-color=always"
Process exited with code: ExitFailure 1
I am on fedora, and I am using stack 2.7.3
I have been working on this for 2 days and still cannot compile it. Anybody with some insight on what the problem is? (Or maybe Haskell and Yesod are still immature and are just not ready for production?)