I want to allow all Alpine JS components (x-data, x-init, etc.) as attributes for all HTML tags in TinyMCE 4.
I tried to add them via a rule for extended_valid_attributes in different ways, but everything fails. Either they are still stripped from the code or they become valid, but all other attributes are then stripped.
Here are some examples of what I already tried, most of it I found in answers to other tinyMCE questions here (e.g. TinyMCE 4 - add custom styles/classes/attributes to any HTML tag) and read in the tinyMCE docs (https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-4x/configure/content-filtering/#extended_valid_elements, https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-4x/configure/content-filtering/#controlcharacters):
$alpineAttributes = 'x-data|x-init|x-show|x-text|x-html|x-model|x-for|x-transition|x-effect|x-ignore|x-ref|x-cloak|x-teleport|x-if|x-id';
$settings['extended_valid_elements'] = '*['. $alpineAttributes .']';
-> select all elements via *: doesn't work, the alpine attributes still get stripped
$settings['extended_valid_elements'] = '@['. $alpineAttributes .'],div,a,p';
-> here at least the attributes don't get stripped anymore for div, a and p tags, but all other attributes that would normally be allowed for each of those three now get stripped, because the list of allowed attributes doesn't get extended but overriden with my attributes.
$settings['extended_valid_elements'] = '@['. $alpineAttributes .'],*';
-> doesn't work, the alpine attributes still get stripped
$settings['extended_valid_elements'] = '@['. $alpineAttributes .']';
-> doesn't work, the alpine attributes still get stripped
Is there really no way to just EXTEND the list of allowed attributes for each element instead of completely overriding it with my rules in extended_valid_elements?