I want to add a timer to the page where it starts on page load.
Where it goes up in milliseconds.
Then stops when the mouse is clicked on the button.
How would I create a code example of that?
That is all I am trying to do in the code.
Add a timer that starts on page load.
Goes up in milliseconds.
Then stops when the button is clicked.
I want to be able to see the numbers going up.
https://jsfiddle.net/xvkwmndq/
// Counter
var enterDate = new Date();
function secondsSinceEnter()
{
return (new Date() - enterDate) / 1000;
}
// Usage example
document.querySelector('button').onclick = function() {
var sec = secondsSinceEnter();
if (sec < 10)
this.innerText = sec + " seconds";
else
this.innerText = 'You are here like for eternity';
};
.play {
-webkit-appearance: none;
appearance: none;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
bottom: 0;
right: 0;
margin: auto;
display: flex;
justify-content: center;
align-items: center;
width: 90px;
height: 90px;
border-radius: 50%;
cursor: pointer;
border: 9px solid blue;
background: transparent;
filter: drop-shadow(3px 3px 3px #000000b3);
}
<button class="play" type="button" aria-label="Open"></button>