Issue when trying to start parcel development server

Viewed 597

I am trying to use parcel for the first time. I installed it to my project using the npm install parcel command. Then I tried to start the development server by running the command npx parcel src/index.html and nothing happens. I do not get an error. I allowed the connection when the firewall prompt came up. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Result when running npx parcel command

2 Answers

According to Devon Govett, the creator of parcel, this issue is related to an upgrade of napi-rs in the @parcel/source-map package, which was released sometime after Parcel 2.2.1. For now, they have reverted this upgrade and published @parcel/source-map v2.0.2.

Once I read about this update, I uninstalled parcel, deleted my .parcel-cache folder, and reinstalled parcel. Now the npx parcel src/index.html command works for me.

Sources:-
https://github.com/parcel-bundler/parcel/issues/7574#issuecomment-1023422239 https://github.com/parcel-bundler/parcel/issues/7598

Try changing the parcel in devDependencies to "latest". I did this when I had an issue using version 2.6.0 and it worked fine.

Related