Hi I'm new to flutter and dart. I'm following a lesson on internet which is practicing to use bloc to control states. First lesson is after showing appStart animation, turn to a login page.
the lesson was using 'mapEventToState':
class AuthenticationBloc extends Bloc<AuthenticationEvent, AuthenticationState> {
final UserRepository? _userRepository;
AuthenticationBloc({UserRepository? userRepository})
: assert(userRepository != null),
_userRepository = userRepository, super(Uninitialized());
@override
Stream<AuthenticationState> mapEventToState(
AuthenticationEvent event,
) async* {
if (event is AppStarted) {
yield* _mapAppStartedToState();
} else if (event is LoggedIn) {
yield* _mapLoggedInToState();
} else if (event is LoggedOut) {
yield* _mapLoggedOutToState();
}
Stream<AuthenticationState> _mapAppStartedToState() async* {
log('_mapAppStartedToState is running.');
try {
final bool? isSigned = await _userRepository?.isSignedIn();
if (isSigned != null) {
if (isSigned) {
final String? name = await _userRepository?.getUser();
yield Authenticated(name);
}
else {
yield Unauthenticated();
}
}
} catch (_) {
yield Unauthenticated();
}
}
Stream<AuthenticationState> _mapLoggedInToState() async* {
log('_mapLoggedInToState is running.');
yield Authenticated(await _userRepository?.getUser());
}
Stream<AuthenticationState> _mapLoggedOutToState() async* {
log('_mapLoggedOutToState is running.');
yield Unauthenticated();
_userRepository?.signOut();
}
}
turns out 'mapEventToState' was removed. According to this page(https://github.com/felangel/bloc/issues/2526), I try to use on< event > instead:
@override
AuthenticationBloc({UserRepository? userRepository})
: assert(userRepository != null, 'userRepository == null'),
_userRepository = userRepository,
super(Uninitialized()) {
log('AuthenticationBloc is running.');
on<AppStarted>(_appStarted);
on<LoggedIn>(_loggedIn);
on<LoggedOut>(_loggedOut);
}
Stream<AuthenticationState> _appStarted(AuthenticationEvent event, Emitter<AuthenticationState> emit) async* {
log('_appStarted is running.');
yield* _mapAppStartedToState();
}
But it didn't work. Even log('_appStarted is running.'); didn't show at console.
I tried to change type and aync*. It would show console log if _appStarted isn't aync.
void _appStarted(AuthenticationEvent event, Emitter<AuthenticationState> emit) {
log('_appStarted is running.');
// yield* _mapAppStartedToState();
}
However, it can't yield to stream as _appStarted isn't aync. Makes me confused.
Please let me know if I got some misunderstand about bloc and stream. Happy to see any solution or advise.