What is a Application startup file and what should be loaded when using a react app?

Viewed 952

When creating a nodeJS application, it asks of me an "Application startup file"

I can't seem to figure out something that wont make my application 503 and its the only one that I think might be wrong and any help I found elsewhere on the internet and the only defenition I found was "Application startup file - the initial file that will be processed when launching the application." Which is basically just resaying the same thing as the label in other words.

So what is the Application startup file in a nodeJS project, and what should be loaded while working in a React App (app.js/jsx? Index.html? the server js file that loads babel?)

enter image description here

1 Answers

Think of Node as your webserver that processes your data and React as you client frontend.

Your node application startup file needs to be either a Typescript (.ts) or Javascript (.js) file.

What you currently have in the field is a *.jsx file which is a react file for rendering html in javascript.

You should be looking to have an index.js file there. If you want to know what goes into that index.js file, you can read more about it here

Related