Does TDengine network communication use TCP or UDP? Or both?

Viewed 29

Does TDengine's network communication use TCP or UDP? Or both? Can I configure it by myself? If I can, which item should I configure in the config filev(taos.cfg)?

4 Answers

If the length of rpc data is smaller than 15000 bytes, use udp, else use tcp. But if the option of rpcForceTcp is seted to 1, use tcp no matter the length of rcp data.

There is an option called "rpcForceTcp" which will control the network communication, 1 means start while 0 stops.

TDengine use both TCP and UDP for RPC as far as I know. TCP used to transport big chunk of data while UDP used for small packets.

  1. By default, TDengine use both tcp and udp port 6030-6040 for better performance.
  2. You can manually disable UTP by setting rpcForceTcp 1 in taos.cfg configration file, which is only recommended in weak network environemnt.
  3. Prefer to use the default configurations for local network.
Related