I'm working with the opt tool to manually run optimization passes on LLVM IR code, and I'm quite new to it. While running analysis passes, the sources I've been referring to used the -analyze flag with opt to perform analysis and print the results without transforming the input. However, with the version I have installed, opt warns me that the -analyze option is deprecated for the new pass manager.
Now I did find out that I can disable the new pass manager by using -enable-new-pm=0, and that works as expected. I can also use the new pass manager and discard the generated output by redirecting to /dev/null. However, I'd like to know if there is an official equivalent -analyze while using the new pass manager.
My searches seem to yield only two results of note - the LLVM docs and the LLVM blog post introducing the new PM. Neither of these seem to discuss the -analyze flag.