When creating a new Blazor WebAssembly App in Visual Studio 2022 there's a "ASP.NET Core hosted" option (with a useless tool tip).
If you tick this instead of 1 WASM project in the solution, there are 3, Client (WASM), Shared and Server.
The Blazor Server app has no pages though it is the startup project. When you run it it calls the WASM Blazor Client app.
I can't find an explanation of what the purpose of doing this is? If I deploy a WASM app to an IIS server it runs fine without a Server app.
Note, I'm not asking the difference between Blazor Server (server side code running on the server that sends HTML to the client) and Blazor Client WASM (C# code compiled into WebAssembly that runs in the browser). I know this.
I'm asking why you'd want a Blazor Server app in a Solution with a Blazor WASM app if you intend to create a WASM app.
I can't find a direct answer to this. Either this article doesn't answer it - or I'm missing something: What's the difference between ASP.NET Core Hosted and Server-Side Blazor, really?
I can't find anything else.
So what is the purpose of the Blazor Server app, and why is it running first then calling the WASM app. Also how would you host that?
Thanks.
UPDATE
I'm aware that a WASM app is client side only, and you need, say, a Web API project to connect to in order to pull data from a web server.
Is this '.net Core Hosted' template doing something I couldn't do myself by creating a solution with a WASM project - then adding a Web API project (and various shared projects)?
