Is there any straight way to establish P2P UDP connection behind NAT in delphi?

Viewed 189

I've been trying to establish a P2P connections for a couple of weeks. After writing some code and using Indy's components, I've realized that it can not access the peer that is behind the NAT. Furthermore, I've heard about STUN services that provide a client's remote and local IPs and ports. I should say I've already had the other UDP client (server) remote and local IPs, so how can I implement my code and program to work properly? Is there any extra component in Indy's library that I should use?

1 Answers

There is the Ares Galaxy P2P Project I know about some years ago.

There was a recent fork by Christian at https://github.com/CWBudde/AresGalaxy which tries to port it to more modern Delphi versions.

It is a work in progress, but perhaps you may get some very good ideas in this source code, and ask Christian for help/ideas, especially about NAT transversal.

Related