Any efficient way to merge one tensor to another in Pytorch, but on specific indexes.
Here is my full problem.
I have a list of indexes of a tensor in below code xy is the original tensor.
I need to preserve the rows (those rows who are in indexes list) of xy and apply some function on elements other than those indexes (For simplicity let say the function is 'multiply them with two),
xy = torch.rand(100,4)
indexes=[1,2,55,44,66,99,3,65,47,88,99,0]
Then merge them back into the original tensor.
This is what I have done so far: I create a mask tensor
indexes=[1,2,55,44,66,99,3,65,47,88,99,0]
xy = torch.rand(100,4)
mask=[]
for i in range(0,xy.shape[0]):
if i in indexes:
mask.append(False)
else:
mask.append(True)
print(mask)
import numpy as np
target_mask = torch.from_numpy(np.array(mask, dtype=bool))
print(target_mask.sum()) #output is 89 as these are element other than preserved.
Apply the function on masked rows
zy = xy[target_mask]
print(zy)
zy=zy*2
print(zy)
Code above is working fine and posted here to clarify the problem
Now I want to merge tensor zy into xy on specified index saved in the list indexes.
Here is the pseudocode I made, as one can see it is too complex and need 3 for loops to complete the task. and it will be too much resources wastage.
# pseudocode
for masked_row in indexes:
for xy_rows_index in xy:
if xy_rows_index= masked_row
pass
else:
take zy tensor row and replace here #another loop to read zy.
But I am not sure what is an efficient way to merge them, as I don't want to use NumPy or for loop etc. It will make the process slow, as the original tensor is too big and I am going to use GPU.
Any efficient way in Pytorch for this?