I'm plotting a NorthPolarStereo map with the following code. I'd like to label the latitude and longitude gridlines, but Cartopy only seems to be placing these labels on the top/bottom of the plot, and I'd like them to go all around. I know something like this must be possible because of this related SO question: Setting longitude of latitude tick labels in NorthPolarStereo Cartopy but I can't seem to reproduce it.
Also, is there any way to customize where the inline y (latitude) labels are? They are partially obscured by the gridlines and the coastline features.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import cartopy.crs as ccrs
import cartopy.feature as cfeature
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.ticker as mticker
from matplotlib.offsetbox import AnchoredText
fig = plt.figure(figsize=(5,5))
projection = ccrs.NorthPolarStereo(central_longitude=-100)
ax = plt.subplot(projection=projection)
ax.set_extent([0, 360, 65, 90], crs=ccrs.PlateCarree())
ax.add_feature(cfeature.COASTLINE)
ax.add_feature(cfeature.OCEAN)
ax.add_feature(cfeature.LAND)
xticks = np.arange(-180, 181, 30)
yticks = np.arange(70, 91, 10)
gl = ax.gridlines(crs=ccrs.PlateCarree(), color='k', draw_labels=True, dms=True, x_inline=False, y_inline=True)
gl.ylocator = mticker.FixedLocator(yticks)
gl.xlocator = mticker.FixedLocator(xticks)
gl.xlabel_style = {'rotation':0}
text = AnchoredText('© Natural Earth; license: public domain',
loc=4, prop={'size': 10}, frameon=True)
ax.add_artist(text)
plt.show()
And the resulting image:

