I was following a guide to connect a database to kubernetes: https://itnext.io/basic-postgres-database-in-kubernetes-23c7834d91ef
after installing Kubernetes (minikube) on Windows 10 64 bit: https://minikube.sigs.k8s.io/docs/start/
I am encountering an issue with 'base64' where the DB is trying to connect and store the password. As PowerShell doesn't recognise it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how I could either fix this and still use windows or an alternative means that would enable me to continue with the rest of the guide?
Error Code:
base64 : The term 'base64' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:131
+ ... postgresql -o jsonpath="{.data.postgresql-password}" | base64 --decod ...
+ ~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (base64:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
export : The term 'export' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ export POSTGRES_PASSWORD=$(kubectl get secret --namespace default pos ...
+ ~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (export:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException