Official link format for creating a Microsoft Outlook (windows live mail) calendar event

Viewed 189

Can anyone link to the official documentation of how Microsoft Outlook (online version) calendar hyperlinks should be formatted? Or failing that, explain how I should do this? In particular, I want to know about DateTime formats.

I want to provide a link on a webpage to allow a user to add an event to their Microsoft Outlook (online) calendar.

I have followed the format generated by this tool: https://www.labnol.org/apps/calendar.html but am confused about how to handle adding events across daylight savings changes. In the front end of the site, I always display local times (this is a UK only site). Internally we convert those to UTC. I'm not sure what Microsoft Outlook expects. I use UTC with Google calendar and that works correctly.

From the above link, I see a DateTime offset is included in the DateTime format e.g.

startdt=2022-04-02T11%3A00%3A00%2B00%3A00

which without the URL encoding is:

startdt=2022-04-02T11:00:00+00:00

So the DateTime offset shown here is 0 hours 0 minutes.

Should I keep the time as UTC and vary offset accordingly depending on the time of year, or should I leave the offset at 00:00 and then adjust my times depending on the time of year?

0 Answers
Related