We use on-premise Azure DevOps and are just starting to trial Git LFS. I've installed the latest client (3.0.2) alongside my git (2.31.1.windows.1 installed by Visual Studio IIRC) and everything initially looked good when cloning a Git repo from DevOps that has LFS files.
However my local repo only has references to the LFS files and when trying to run commands like git lfs pull (or fetch, or pushing a new LFS tracked file) I get authentication errors relating to http://<server>:8080/tfs/<collection>/<project>/_git/<repo>.git/info/lfs - i.e. a subpath of our git repo URL.
Googling has shown other people with similar problems but not clear answer what is happening, or why, or how to fix it. I don't understand if it's a DevOps implementation issue, or a local client issue on my side.
I did come across discussion about Git LFS not using the same credentials or authentication types as Git, or maybe looking in a different place for them - note we are on-premises using HTTP not HTTPS, maybe this is a factor?