Remove project info from panic messages

Viewed 356

How can I hide project info (like source code paths) from panic messages occurred while running a release build?

Assume following code as a Minima Reproducible Example

fn main() {
    println!("Hello!");
    let v = vec![0];
    println!("{:?}", v[1]); // panic - index out of bounds
}

> cargo build --release
> target/release/hello-rust
Getting:

Hello!
thread 'main' panicked at 'index out of bounds: the len is 1 but the index is 1', src/main.rs:5:22
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

Revealing "src/main.rs:5:22" is very unwanted. I would prefer not to reveal even that the executable build with Rust.
I would like just to exit the process with "1" error code on every panic situation, like index out of bounds or .unwrap() on error.

Tried:

[profile.release]
panic = "abort"

Didn't help.
Tried to look in Profile Settings, didn't find something useful.

0 Answers
Related