I designed an Android application on Adobe XD and through a plugin I exported all my assets to XAML.
I created a new project on Xamarin and immediately pasted the generated XAML in the MainPage.xaml file within the stacklayout. so like below:
<stacklayout>
<Grid Uid="Google Pixel 6 Pro – 1" Width="412" Height="778" Background="#0000" ClipToBounds="True" >
<Border Width="225" Height="43" BorderBrush="#0000" Margin="171,18,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" />
<Canvas Width="36" Height="30" Margin="24,24,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top">
<Border Width="24" Height="24" BorderBrush="#FFFF" Canvas.Left="5" Canvas.Top="6" />
....
The problem is that anything I pasted in the layout is giving me the below error message:
The type 'border' was not found. verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. Xaml0414: namespace is missing
I'm getting this for every component. Border, canvas, textblock, and even sub parameters like uid.
This is what i have at the top
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ContentPage xmlns="http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms"
xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
x:Class="DemoXAML.MainPage">
I'm not quite sure what I am missing