After have read Clean Architecture by Uncle Bob i have been thinking about the concept of screaming architecture and the last chapter around organizing code.
I have generally liked working with layers being present in the structure to easily place code in the correct layer but I also see a benefit in dividing by feature.
A large project I recently started working on does not present the layer structure at all and you have to look at an architecture document to see in what layer the java package resides. The project uses OSGI bundles.
This project is worked on successfully by a large amount of developers and seems to work well but I can't help feeling that the structure is confusing and hard to work with and the architect needs to be involved when creating new features to make sure layers are adhered to.
My question is if this is common and what the reason would be to not include the layer structure in some way?
For instance doing something like this seems like a clean solution. https://blog.ttulka.com/package-by-component-with-clean-modules-in-java
