Any ideas, code snippets are welcome!
I have created a CustomTextView class that extends AppCompatTextView and I did this to add stroke support to boring TextView. The problem is, Paint.Style.STROKE adds stroke on the inside of TextView. There should be something which allows us to choose between outer-stroke and inner-stroke.
P.S: I can share the complete CustomTextView class if needed, not a big deal.
This is the onDraw method from our CustomTextView which is used to add stroke to textView.
@Override
protected void onDraw(Canvas canvas) {
if(_strokeWidth > 0) {
//set paint to fill mode
Paint p = getPaint();
p.setStyle(Paint.Style.FILL);
//draw the fill part of text
super.onDraw(canvas);
//save the text color
int currentTextColor = getCurrentTextColor();
//set paint to stroke mode and specify
//stroke color and width
p.setStyle(Paint.Style.STROKE);
p.setStrokeWidth(_strokeWidth);
setTextColor(_strokeColor);
//draw text stroke
super.onDraw(canvas);
//revert the color back to the one
//initially specified
setTextColor(currentTextColor);
} else {
super.onDraw(canvas);
}
}


