I need to create a std::set of ranges for finding matching points in these ranges. Each range is defined as follows:
struct Range {
uint32_t start;
uint32_t end;
uint32_t pr;
};
In this structure start/end pair identify each range. pr identifies the priority of that range. It means if a single point falls into 2 different ranges, I like to return range with smaller pr. I like to create a std::set with a transparent comparator to match points like this:
struct RangeComparator {
bool operator()(const Range& l, const Range& r) const {
if (l.end < r.start)
return true;
if (l.end < r.end && l.pr >= r.pr)
return true;
return false;
}
bool operator()(const Range& l, uint32_t p) const {
if (p < l.start)
return true;
return false;
}
bool operator()(uint32_t p, const Range& r) const {
if (p < r.start)
return true;
return false;
}
using is_transparent = int;
};
std::set<Range, RangeComparator> ranges;
ranges.emplace(100,250,1);
ranges.emplace(200,350,2);
auto v1 = ranges.find(110); // <-- return range 1
auto v2 = ranges.find(210); // <-- return range 1 because pr range 1 is less
auto v3 = ranges.find(260); // <-- return range 2
I know my comparators are wrong. I wonder how I can write these 3 comparators to answer these queries correctly? Is it possible at all?