I have an activity that requires camera permission.
this activity can be called from several user configurable places in the app.
The rationale dialog and permission dialog themselves should be shown before the activity opens.
right now I am trying to handle these dialogs in some kind of extension function.
fun handlePermissions(context: Context, required_permissions: Array<String>, activity: FragmentActivity?, fragment: Fragment?): Boolean {
var isGranted = allPermissionsGranted(context, required_permissions)
if (!isGranted) {
//null here is where I used to pass my listener which was the calling fragment previously that implemented an interface
val dialog = DialogPermissionFragment(null, DialogPermissionFragment.PermissionType.QR)
activity?.supportFragmentManager?.let { dialog.show(it, "") }
//get result from dialog? how?
//if accepted launch actual permission request
fragment?.registerForActivityResult(ActivityResultContracts.RequestPermission()) { success ->
isGranted = success
}?.launch(android.Manifest.permission.CAMERA)
}
return isGranted
}
But I am having trouble to get the dialog results back from the rationale/explanation dialog.
My research until now brought me to maybe using a higher order function, to pass a function variable to the dialog fragment that returns a Boolean value to the helper function. But I am absolutely unsure if thats the right thing.
I thought using my own code would be cleaner and less overhead, could I achieve this easier when using a framework like eazy-permissions? (is Dexter still recommendable since its no longer under development)
is that even a viable thing I am trying to achieve here?
