import "dotenv" could not be resolved

Viewed 5440

I am making a program in python that I plan to host on github. I have a .env file containing an api token. I tried to import it into my code like so:

first i installed the python-dotenv library by typing pip install python-dotenv in the command prompt. python-dotenv shows when i type pip list.

then in my code:

import os
from dotenv import load_dotenv

load_dotenv()

example = os.getenv('TOKEN')

from dotenv import load_dotenv gives the error Import "dotenv" could not be resolved Pylancereport (MissingImports) and my code will not run. Is there anything i'm doing wrong? How can i fix it?

1 Answers

It seems you have installed python-env, when you really wanted to install python-dotenv. The former doesn't have the function you are trying to use on it's __init__.py file, that's why Pylancereport can't resolve it.

Solution: Do a pip install python-dotenv. Execute your code again and it should work.

Related