I've asked a similar question before, but this time it's different.
Since our array contains only two elements, we might as well set it to 1 and -1, where 1 is on the left side of the array and -1 is on the right side of the array:
[1,...,1,1,-1,-1,...,-1]
Both 1 and -1 exist at the same time and the number of 1 and -1 is not necessarily the same. Also, the numbers of 1 and -1 are both very large.
Then, define the boundary between 1 and -1 as the index of the -1 closest to 1. For example, for the following array:
[1,1,1,-1,-1,-1,-1]
Its boundary is 3.
Now, for each number in the array, I cover it with a device that you have to unlock to see the number in it.
I want to try to unlock as few devices as possible that cover 1, because it takes much longer to see a '1' than it takes to see a '-1'. And I also want to reduce my time cost as much as possible.
How can I search to get the boundary as quickly as possible?