So I'm working with pandas on python. I collect data indexed by timestamps with multiple ways.
This means I can have one index with 2 features available (and the others with NaN values, it's normal) or all features, it depends.
So my problem is when I add some data with multiple values for the same indices, see the example below :
Imagine this is the set we're adding new data :
Index col1 col2
1 a A
2 b B
3 c C
This the data we will add:
Index new col
1 z
1 y
Then the result is this :
Index col1 col2 new col
1 a A NaN
1 NaN NaN z
1 NaN NaN y
2 b B NaN
3 c C NaN
So instead of that, I would like the result to be :
Index col1 col2 new col1 new col2
1 a A z y
2 b B NaN NaN
3 c C NaN NaN
I want that instead of having multiples indexes in 1 feature, there will be 1 index for multiple features.
I don't know if this is understandable. Another way is to say that I want this : number of values per timestamp=number of features instead of =numbers of indices.