I have an external resource for my images let's say https://api.domain.com/api/downloads/{file_id}. The file gets downloaded after I visit that page. In this case I want to know the mimetype of the file. file_get_contents() doesn't work because the file is downloaded after I visit the page.
This means that I get HTML as output when I dump the result of file_get_contents(). I don't have any hold on how images are served to my application. So I guess I have to find a solution for this problem.
Is there a way to get the mimetype of a file after the page is loaded and it downloaded the file? If something I just wrote is not clear enough please let me know then I try to explain it further. Thanks in advance.
Some more detailed information:
I am currently creating an EML export from data from an external API from Genesys. This is pure PHP and thus I can’t make use of any client-side code like Javascript. The inline images in the body don’t show on in the EML export email body. I think this is because Genesys saves those images somewhere on their side. The image is not directly available from the URL they gave to me, because when I visit that page the page downloads a file but it is not directly served on that page.
To show the images inside the email body I want to encode them to base64 and change the src of the image to the base64 encoded image. To do so I need to know the filetype which I can’t get as described above.