I am struggling, to get the right configuration for my Jenkins Pipeline.
It works but I could not figure out how to seperate test & build stages.
Requirements:
- Jenkins Pipeline with seperated test & build stage
- Test stage requires chromium (I currently use node alpine image + adding chromium)
- Build stage is building a docker image, which is published later (publish stage)
Current Setup:
Jenkinsfile:
pipeline {
environment {
...
}
options {
...
}
stages {
stage('Restore') {
...
}
stage('Lint') {
...
}
stage('Build & Test DEV') {
steps {
script {
dockerImage = docker.build(...)
}
}
}
stage('Publish DEV') {
steps {
script {
docker.withRegistry(...) {
dockerImage.push()
}
}
}
}
Dockerfile:
FROM node:12.16.1-alpine AS build
#add chromium for unit tests
RUN apk add chromium
...
ENV CHROME_BIN=/usr/bin/chromium-browser
...
# works but runs both tests & build in the same jenkins stage
RUN npm run test-ci
RUN npm run build
...
This works, but as you can see "Build & Test DEV" is a single stage,
I would like to have 2 seperate jenkins stages (Test, Build)
I already tried using Jenkins agent docker and defining the image for the test stage inside the jenkins file, but I dont know how to add the missing chromium package there.
Jenkinsfile:
pipeline {
agent {
docker {
image 'node:12.16.1-alpine'
//add chromium package here?
//set Chrome_bin env?
}
}
I also thought about using a docker image that already includes chromium, but couldnt find any official images
Would really appreciate your help / insights how to make this work.