I want to remove all signs from my dataframe to leave it in either one of the two formats: 100-200 or 200
So the salaries should either have a single hyphen between them if a range of salaries if given, otherwise a clean single number.
I have the following data:
import pandas as pd
import re
df = {'salary':['£26,768 - £30,136/annum Attractive benefits package',
'£26,000 - £28,000/annum plus bonus',
'£21,000/annum',
'£26,768 - £30,136/annum Attractive benefits package',
'£33/hour',
'£18,500 - £20,500/annum Inc Bonus - Study Support + Bens',
'£27,500 - £30,000/annum £27,500 to £30,000 + Study',
'£35,000 - £40,000/annum',
'£24,000 - £27,000/annum Study Support (ACCA / CIMA)',
'£19,000 - £24,000/annum Study Support',
'£30,000 - £35,000/annum',
'£44,000 - £66,000/annum + 15% Bonus + Excellent Benefits. L',
'£75 - £90/day £75-£90 Per Day']}
data = pd.DataFrame(df)
Here's what I have tried to remove some of the signs:
salary = []
for i in data.salary:
space = re.sub(" ",'',i)
lower = re.sub("[a-z]",'',space)
upper = re.sub("[A-Z]",'',lower)
bracket = re.sub("/",'',upper)
comma = re.sub(",", '', bracket)
plus = re.sub("\+",'',comma)
percentage = re.sub("\%",'', plus)
dot = re.sub("\.",'', percentage)
bracket1 = re.sub("\(",'',dot)
bracket2 = re.sub("\)",'',bracket1)
salary.append(bracket2)
Which gives me:
'£26768-£30136',
'£26000-£28000',
'£21000',
'£26768-£30136',
'£33',
'£18500-£20500-',
'£27500-£30000£27500£30000',
'£35000-£40000',
'£24000-£27000',
'£19000-£24000',
'£30000-£35000',
'£44000-£6600015',
'£75-£90£75-£90'
However, I have some repeating numbers, essentially I want anything after the first range of values removed, and any sign besides the hyphen between the two numbers.
Expected output:
'26768-30136',
'26000-28000',
'21000',
'26768-30136',
'33',
'18500-20500',
'27500-30000',
'35000-40000',
'24000-27000',
'19000-24000',
'30000-35000',
'44000-66000',
'75-90