How do I migrate a nifi 1.10.0 flow.xml.gz to 1.14 or newer versions: sensitive properties

Viewed 534

I have a dataflow running in NiFi 1.10.0, the relevant properties from this installation is here:

nifi.sensitive.props.key=
nifi.sensitive.props.key.protected=
nifi.sensitive.props.algorithm=PBEWITHMD5AND256BITAES-CBC-OPENSSL
nifi.sensitive.props.provider=BC
nifi.sensitive.props.additional.keys=

I am trying to migrate the flowfile to the 1.15.2 install where the properties are

 nifi.sensitive.props.key=<redacted>
 nifi.sensitive.props.key.protected=
 nifi.sensitive.props.algorithm=NIFI_PBKDF2_AES_GCM_256
 nifi.sensitive.props.additional.keys=

Found this section in the NiFi admin guide to help with the migration. Has anyone done this, what command options did you use? Also is this a two step process since I am going from a blank key to a non-empty one and also changing the algorithm at the same time?

I used this command and the conversion works fine when you don't change the algorithm. Basically just setting a key when it was not set in the earlier 1.10.0 install.

 $ ./nifi-toolkit-1.15.2/bin/encrypt-config.sh -f /path/to/nifi/nifi-1.10.0/conf/flow.xml.gz -g /path/to/nifi/nifi-1.15.2/conf/flow.xml.gz -s new_password -n /path/to/nifi/nifi-1.10.0/conf/nifi.properties -o /path/to/nifi/nifi-1.15.2/conf/nifi.properties -x

How do you change the algorithm and set the key at the same time?

Thanks

0 Answers
Related