Connection error when using Tableau Desktop 2021.4 to Tableau Server - Authentication error via Google?

Viewed 1937

I have a Tableau Server login issue that's addressed on this official Tableau page and I don't think I'm literate enough to change anything with SSL.

The issue happened as soon as I upgraded from Tableau Desktop 2021.3 version to the latest 2021.4.3, every time when I'm trying to signin to our external partner's Tableau Server to save my workbook, it produces this code as soon as I enter login info via Google "Tableau created this window to authenticate. It is now safe to close it." on http://127.0.0.1:50436/Callback

Error code on Tableau Desktop 2021.4.3

An error occurred while communicating with the data source
Authentication failed.
Error Code: 84223ADA
Unable to connect to Tableau Server.
SSLHandshakeException
PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

If I try to connect to the server without changing anything on Tableau Desktop 2021.3, it's working perfectly fine. What would be the issue at this point?

2 Answers
Related