How to set an icon after eject of Expo app?

Viewed 754

I've ejected Expo app to get bare workflow (to archive IAPs).

But now I need to change app icon and splash screen.

I see tons of different size images in android/app/src/main/res/. Any change to app.json does not make sense (probably this is fine as far I use eas-cli to build it).

Is there some easy way do change an icon?

1 Answers

After some research I've found that there are no tools for automated icon change.

But if you go into branch until you detached (ejected) Expo, you can set icon there in assets dir, then make expo eject (it will also generate icons and splash screens in different resolutions) and copy required files:

  • android/app/src/res - for Android
  • ios/%app-name%/Images.xcassets - for iOS

Keeping the point before detaching Expo as separate branch/tag is good practice regarding Expo docs, this is one of the cases where it can be useful.

Related