Datadog Monitor to alert when AWS lambda function not invoked within certain time?

Viewed 237

I am trying to create a data dog monitor that will alert whenever a specific lambda function has not been invoked within 1 hours. This needs to happen at a scheduled basis and if it has not happened I need an alert.

I have tried to create several monitor queries but it is not working.

My metric query looks like

sum:aws.lambda.invocations{resource:my-lambda-function}.as_count()

These are my alert conditions

enter image description here

I then don't invoke the lambda function as necessary within the 1 hour. Then after the 1 hour passes the monitor never alerts. I think it's because it's not getting any data?

How can I get this to work?

1 Answers

My suggestion is to create a monitor on invocations with some arbitrary threshold; the alert conditions don't really matter, what matters is that the monitor is configured to Notify on no data. Set the time threshold to 60 minutes.

screenshot of alert conditions

Related