I have the following problem:
I have too much logic in my inline style and would to place it inside a computed property. I know, that this is the way, that I should go, but do not know, how to achieve it.
Below I a simple example that I made for better understanding. In it, on button press, the child's component background-color is changing.
My code can be found here: Codesandbox
My parent component:
<template> <div id="app">
<MyChild :colorChange="active ? 'blue' : 'grey'" />
<p>Parent:</p>
<button @click="active = !active">Click Me!</button> </div> </template>
<script> import MyChild from "./components/MyChild";
export default { name: "App", components: {
MyChild, }, data() {
return {
active: false,
}; }, }; </script>
and my child component:
<template> <div class="hello">
<p>Hello from the child component</p>
<div class="myDiv" :style="{ background: colorChange }">
here is my color, that I change
</div> </div> </template>
<script> export default { name: "HelloWorld", props: {
colorChange: {
type: String,
default: "green",
}, }, }; </script>
<!-- Add "scoped" attribute to limit CSS to this component only --> <style scoped> .myDiv { color: white; padding: 1rem 0; } </style>
I also have a second question. Let's say, that I have more than one child component and also would like to change to colors on button click, but those colors differ. How can I achieve it without repeating myself (within the computed properties?)
Code example for my parent component:
<MyChild :colorChange="active ? 'blue' : 'grey'" />
<MyChild :colorChange="active ? 'grey' : 'blue'" />
<MyChild :colorChange="active ? 'blue' : 'red'" />
<MyChild :colorChange="active ? 'yellow' : 'blue'" />
Thanks in advance!