I am having a compound trigger in the following format. I need to ensure that my custom declaration ints_rows takes only "unique rows". Meaning if the ints_rows already has a record similar to what is being inserted, it should ignore it. More like a SET data structure. How do I do it in oracle? (I am pretty new to oracle, hence I am not great at syntax) I think I have to either change the BULK COLLECT statement or the declaration of int_records but I might be wrong. Any help/hints are much appreciated.
This is my compound trigger code.
CREATE OR REPLACE
TRIGGER MY_COMPOUND_TRIGGER
FOR UPDATE OF some_random_column ON some_random_table
COMPOUND TRIGGER
TYPE int_records IS RECORD (
column_one another_table.column_one%TYPE,
column_two another_table.column_two%TYPE
);
TYPE row_list IS TABLE OF int_records INDEX BY simple_integer;
ints_rows row_list;
BEFORE STATEMENT IS
BEGIN
ints_rows.delete;
END BEFORE STATEMENT;
AFTER EACH ROW IS
BEGIN
SELECT column_one, column_two BULK COLLECT INTO ints_rows
FROM some_table_x WHERE some_col_id=:OLD.some_col_id;
END AFTER EACH ROW;
AFTER STATEMENT IS
BEGIN
FOR i IN 1 .. ints_rows.COUNT LOOP
-- DO SOMETHING
END LOOP;
auctions_rows.delete;
END AFTER STATEMENT;
END;
This statement should not be getting duplicates at all.
SELECT column_one, column_two BULK COLLECT INTO ints_rows
FROM some_table_x WHERE some_col_id=:OLD.some_col_id;