I am trying to launch a script I wrote that is supposed to read data from a firebase db but it throws the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "myScript.py", line 8, in <module>
from firebase import Firebase
File "/Users/georgeoprea/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/firebase/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
from Crypto.PublicKey import RSA
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Crypto'
I have tried to install Crypto in the following ways:
pip3 install Crypto
pip3 install pycryptodome
When I run pip3 show Crypto I get the following output:
Name: crypto
Version: 1.4.1
Summary: Simple symmetric GPG file encryption and decryption
Home-page: https://github.com/chrissimpkins/crypto
Author: Christopher Simpkins
Author-email: git.simpkins@gmail.com
License: MIT license
Location: /Users/georgeoprea/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages
Requires: Naked, shellescape
Required-by:
This is the list of imports I have in myScript.py:
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import time
import smtplib
from datetime import datetime
import json
import random
from email.message import EmailMessage
from firebase import Firebase
OS info: macOS 12.1 running on M1 Pro.
What could I do to have my script recognise the Crypto module?