Here's a psuedocode implementation of what I would be looking for within Julia:
struct Example
field1::Float64
field2::Float64
end # End struct
example = Example(1., 2.)
function modifystruct(mystruct, fieldname)
mystruct.fieldname +=10
return mystruct
end
modifystruct(example, field1)
# In this instance I would want to have example.field1 = 11.
How would I actually do this? I want to provide the fieldname as something like a string, and have my struct."whateverfieldname" get modified as such. I should add that I do NOT want to code something in like this:
function modifystruct(mystruct, fieldname)
if fieldname = "fieldname1"
mystruct.field1 +=10
end
if fieldname = "fieldname2"
mystruct.field2 +=10
end
return mystruct
end
Largely due to how versatile I want this code to be. I may be using different types of structs for my program, so the closest I can get to directly accessing by the name of the field, the better. Is there any method or implementation that can do this for me?