Visual Studio 2022 CANNOT turn off JavaScript Debugging

Viewed 2800

Is there a for-sure way to turn off JavaScript Exception breaking in Visual Studio?

I'm developing a C# module for a third party product, so I can't fix the JavaScript or remove it.

The Debugger will not respect the exception settings. I have turned off Breaking on all exceptions. I have gone the the option menu and disabled all JavaScript and Just-in-time debugging. Still, every time I debug this page, I break on an unhandled JavaScript exception; which happens every 10 seconds as the thirds party product keeps throwing errors.

Things I have turned off:

  1. Debug->Windows->Exception Settings-> (All boxes unchecked)
  2. Tools->Options->Debugging->General-> (All boxes unchecked with "Enable" and "JavaScript" like "Enable Java Script debugging"
  3. Tools->Options->Debugging->Just-In-Time->(All boxes unchecked)
2 Answers

You can go to Tools > Options > Debugging > General > and then in the right part almost like in the middle of the scroll you'll find the option to enable or disable JavaScript debugging.

I resolved that resetting all environment settings.

Go to Tools -> Import and Export Settings -> Check "Reset All Settings" and next -> Check "No, Just reset.." and next. On this part, I did that to General, JavaScript, Web Development and Web Development (Code Only).

It's work for me.

Related