Spyder 5.1.5 kernel hangs and 5.2.1 won't work with conda

Viewed 1052

I had the same issue with kernel hanging on valid scripts: spyder kernel hangs...

Spyder 5.2 isn't available yet in Anaconda, but I installed it via the link provided in the answer above. When I attempt to get it to use my current conda environment, I get the following error:

Your Python environment or installation doesn't have the spyder‑kernels module or the right version of it installed (>= 2.2.0 and < 2.3.0). Without this module is not possible for Spyder to create a console for you.

You can install it by running in a system terminal: conda install spyder‑kernels=2.2

I can't update conda from sypder-kernel=2.1.3 to 2.2.0 due to numerous conflicts.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might get Spyder 5.2 working with Anaconda, or do I simply have to wait for it to be released by Anaconda? I'm not that savvy in this type of thing.

1 Answers

I had the same problem with spyder 5.2.1, I opened cmd and typed:

pip install spyder-kernels==2.2.0

Then it downloaded the right kernel and after opening spyder I didn't get any error related to its kernel version.

Related