I'm trying to make a sort of Agar.io clone in Processing. I have spawned in a lot of food dots, but I wanted to also make them move about and bounce off the edges of the screen border to add some flair. However I am not too sure how to go about making the dots all move about randomly.
ArrayList<Ellipse> ellipse = new ArrayList <Ellipse>();
//Images
PImage background;
int x = 2;
//Words
PFont arial;
void setup(){
size(1920,1080);
//Background change
if (x == 1){
background = loadImage("backdrop1.jpg");
}
if (x == 2){
background = loadImage("backdrop2.jpg");
}
//Creating the font
arial = createFont ("Arial", 16, true); //the true is for antialiasing
//Load from text file
//tbd...
//Adding the food ellipses
for(int foodSpawn = 0; foodSpawn < 50; foodSpawn++){
ellipse.add(new Ellipse(random(100,1820),random(100,980), 50, 50));
}
}
void draw(){
background(background);
for(int i = 0; i<ellipse.size(); i++){
Ellipse e = ellipse.get(i);
fill(#62C3E8);
ellipse(e.xLoc,e.yLoc, e.eWidth, e.eHeight);
}
}
class Ellipse {
float xLoc;
float yLoc;
float eWidth;
float eHeight;
public Ellipse(float xLoc, float yLoc, float eWidth, float eHeight){
this.xLoc = xLoc;
this.yLoc = yLoc;
this.eWidth = eWidth;
this.eHeight = eHeight;
}
}